05 December 2009

Getting It Done

Well, one day on studying down. Another 44 hours until my first final, which I have to get a B on or retake the class. For the unaware, in grad school, you have to get a B to pass. So I'll be studying that all day tomorrow and most of Monday. Then its out to have a few beers. I'll study for my second final, which is Tuesday afternoon, on Tuesday morning.

Today's run was another awesome one. I went for 10.25 miles @8:13 pace. Didn't think I was moving that fast at all. That's been happening a lot lately. I'm not one to complain but I'm gonna try and slow it down a little while I build my mileage up.

Seeing as I haven't ran further than 7 miles in Portland, I found a new trail for part of my 10 miler today. Its really nice. It runs along the east bank of the Willamette River. The 'trail' is paved and shared by walkers and cyclists. Its not so bad though as its pretty wide. The route still finishes the same as most of my runs, uphill for 0.6 miles to my apartment building. So, today I did my longest run since the marathon in June and completed my longest week since training for the marathon. Since I started my 'comeback' on Nov. 1, this was my fastest week too. The totals are below. For now its back to the books!

Miles: 32.97
Time: 4:17:44
Average Pace: 7:49
MTD: 27.87
YTD: 770.75

1 comment:

  1. a B to pass? talk about pressure! stellar week with a great 10 miler to cap it off :)

    ReplyDelete