31 December 2009

Daily Run: Year's End

Well, I thought I'd reference Pirates and title this "Runner's of the Marathon: At Year's End" but that seemed a little long. I had a nice casual end to my year of running. First, a nice 2 miler with my fiance which was amazing :) Then I drove back to my house for an easy 3 miles. I ran in the GT's again. They felt ok today. I think I'm making the right decision by leaving them in Washington to run in when I am home. So at Portland(grad school) I will be rotating my Wave Riders and Lunar Glides.

This month I managed to crank out 132.32 miles. Not quite mileage junkie status(not by a long shot) but it was my second longest month of the year. It felt really good. In all, I ran 875 miles this year :)

I thought it might be fun/interesting to see how my pace was for my "best" training runs. So I went through my log to find the best times I had in a training run at distances I ran most often. Here is the list.

3mi-20:36-6:52mp-June 22nd
4mi-29:13-7:18mp-March 11th
5mi-35:35-7:07mp-December 29th
6mi-46:40-7:46mp-December 28th
8mi-59:16-7:25mp-June 20th
10mi-1:17:42-7:45mp-December 26th

I think its interesting that most of these times came from my second and third longest months. Also that 3 of them were in the same week. The only thing that doesn't seem to fit is the pace for my 4 and 6 mile runs. Other than that, its a nice little progression :) Hopefully, 2010 will be an even better year!

1 comment:

  1. i predict that 2010 will be a great year for many of us runners! looks like december was a great lead in with those training run prs :)

    ReplyDelete