07 February 2010

Good Pacing

Distance: 13 miles
Time: 1:40:54
Avg Pace: 7:45

I did not start this run when I wanted to. I had some trouble falling asleep last night which meant I had trouble getting out of bed this morning. I decided it would be better to do some homework first and get the run in during the afternoon.

I thought it would be a good idea to bring my nathan belt with me so I'd have some water if I needed it, which I did. I headed out the door and saw mostly cloudy skies. I was ok with that. It wasn't raining so it was good. During the first half, I felt like I was on cruise control. When I hit the turnaround (most of my runs are out and back) I saw my garmin had 50:53 on it. The second half was much harder. I felt like I had to push more. I drank more water. I even took two quick stops to catch my breath. Well, turns out is hurt and I felt like I was pushing because I was running negative splits. The second half was over in 50:01. Still, 13 miles and only a 52 second spread. Thats probably one of the best paced runs I've had.

That puts this week/month at 44 miles and 202 miles for the year. So 5 weeks into the new year, I'm right on pace to hit my mileage goal.

Now its back to the books!

1 comment:

  1. great run and a great way to cap off the week. i totally was dragging yesterday on my long run as well. i just didn't want to get out the door and kept stalling.

    ReplyDelete