26 January 2011

Return of the Tempo

Today was the first run of my Boston cycle. It was awesome! I hadn't ran a tempo run in over a month. Even though my pace has been coming down for my easy and general aerobic runs, I was not sure I had the speed for a 6 mile tempo run. I couldn't have been more wrong.

Total Distance: 8 miles
Time: 53:27
Pace: 6:40

Tempo Distance: 6 miles
Time: 38:46
Pace: 6:28

For those of you keeping track, that's about 10 seconds per mile faster than my 10k PR. I know that my 10K is a soft PR (since it s only 3 seconds per mile faster than my HM pace) but I didn't think I'd be that quick on the tempo. The splits were: 6:14, 6:34, 6:35, 6:24, 6:36, 6:20. Oh, did I mention I was shooting for 6:4x's? I was totally stoked! If this is any sign of how this cycle is going to go or how the race is going to go, I will be very happy :)

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting. It'll be fun following you through this cycle. Between my cyber stalkers and my physical pals I got plenty of people to motivate me.

    ReplyDelete