24 January 2011

A New Hope

I think the title of this post is fitting for three reasons. I'll let you guess what they are.

This past week was my last week of base training before starting my Boston cycle! Here's the breakdown:

Mon-16.3 mi @ 8:10
Tue-SRD
Wed- 8 mi @ 7:37
Thu- 5.4 mi @ 7:35
Fri- 10.4 mi @ 7:43
Sat- 4.8 mi @ 8:23
Sun- 7 mi @ 7:21
Total- 51.9 mi

That gives me over 50 mpw for the last three weeks and 40+ for the last six weeks. Pretty good considering the base I've gone into my previous cycles with (literally 25mpw for a month before my first, somewhere in the 40's for my second, but nothing for the three weeks prior to the start of the cycle). I'm really hoping (hint) that this will allow me to run well at Boston.

Usually I do my LR's on Monday. I'm one of those marathoners who needs to do their LR the same day as the marathon. So today would normally be a LR. But, today will probably be a rest day. My fiance was having a rough time this past week so I decided to go visit her this weekend. After getting off the phone with her on Friday morning I packed a duffel bag, jumped in my car and drove the 5.5 hours to her university. I had a great weekend there with her. I took her out to a movie on Saturday to take her mind off of things (you should all go see No Strings Attached, hilarious!). Later that day, things turned around and she is now feeling much better about it (hint #2). I made the drive back to PDX this morning, hence the rest day. I'm not worried about it at all since I still have seven runs of 18-20 miles coming up.

Well, that's all for now. My next post will probably be a monthly recap in a week, though I may get in a fly-by post during the week. "But wait" you say. "What about the third reason?" There's a very strong chance I'm going watch that movie later tonight.

And since I know you're reading this, I love you Kid!

2 comments:

  1. wooooooooooot to boston training. btw i'm totally using your plan as a base for mine...because i'm flying by the seat of my pants and not following one this time around.....oops? hahah

    ReplyDelete