10 January 2011

Doin' Work

Its been one hell of a week! Classes started up again last Monday. Thankfully, I only have class Tuesday and Thursday. And I only work Tuesday through Thursday. Yes, that means a four-day weekend every weekend, but it is something I need. There is this silly thesis thing I need to write so that gives me the time I need to do it. I've already had one assignment due (last Thurs, the second day of class!) and have two more that I'm working on.

Somehow, I'm still finding time to run. Lots of time. Last week I put in 50.3 miles. It was the first time I've ran 50 miles when not in a training cycle! Its looking like I'll be able to throw down 200+ for the first three months of the year in prep for Boston!

Today's run was a blast! I wanted 14-15 miles but my route was a bit short. I ended up with 13.6 @ 7:18 pace, the last half @7:06 pace! I don't know how but it felt like cruise control. Which is good. That means I'm in better shape than I think. I definitely want to get in a 15 miler this week and somewhere around 17 next week.

Well, its back to the books. But first, this song has been stuck in my head for like a week.


Peace out cubscout!

1 comment:

  1. yay for 4 day weekends. i'm jealous. yes i know that means the rest of the week is intense but 4 days off? how can you not love it?!

    and what an awesome LR! my LR last week was 14 as well. i think that we're going to be ready to GO at boston. although you were going at a MUCH more smoking pace than me!

    ReplyDelete