17 November 2009

Entering the Final Weeks

The nice thing about being on a quarter system, instead of semesters, is that they are shorter. That being said, I have about 3 weeks of class/finals left in my first quarter of grad school. That means I'm super swamped with homework, journals and (believe it or not being this close to finals) a few midterms.

The up side is my running has been getting better. Sunday went from a rest day to a sub 40 5-miler! Took a RD yesterday and got in a solid 4-miler this morning. It's looking like I'll be able to hit my goal of 800mi for the year. I'm thinking I might change it to 850 or 875. We'll see how the rest of the month goes. A

I'm also at the point where I'm looking for new kicks. My GT's are on there last leg and the WaveRider's are bugging my shins/knees. I'll keep the WaveRider's in rotation till they're done but need two replacements. I've been thinking of the Saucony Hurricane's and/or NB 905's. When I first started running  it was in NB 715 then 764. Since then, its been mostly Nike and Asics. Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment