18 May 2009

What a week!

Well, its been a week since I last posted and a lot has happened.

Last week was finals week and I graduated on Saturday. During the week, I had to pack all of my belongings on top of studying. Then I drove home from Montana yesterday.

Last Tuesday I ran a good five miler. Wednesday was suppose to be five but ended up being 3.2 from shin splints. I went rock climbing on Tuesday before my run and I think that may have added to the stress my shins have been taking. Since graduation was Saturday, I did my long run on Friday. Well, I was suppose to. It was a short long run, 13miles. Three miles in, my shins were killing me. Not wanting to do nothing but not wanting to make my injuries worse, I rode an exercise bike for 18 miles and then went on a 3 mile hike later that day.

I skipped my run yesterday since I was driving. Today I went on a 5 mile run at a local park. It was one of the best runs I've had. Missoula is not that high in elevation but it is a few thousand feet higher than my home town in Washington. I guess running at that altitude has improved my lung power. I finished the run in 37:48 which is roughly 7:32 pace! I was very happy about that. Tomorrow is a easy 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment