26 May 2009

Running Faster

Saturday's 20 miler went well. I averaged 9:12 per mile or 3:04 total. I planned on running 10 miles to a lake and then finishing with some laps at the lake. That didn't happen. I woke up later than I wanted to because I didn't hear my alarm. I decided to just run the whole thing at the lake. That meant 25 laps. I wasn't worried about it. I've run 10 miles standing in one place (treadmill) so I can do tedious. What I forgot about was the little hill on the backside of the lake. The run went fine. I was hoping to be around 9:00 but I'll take 9:12. My knees, however, didn't like running that hill 25 times and were very sore for the rest of the day.

Yesterday I did a 5 miler at a decent pace. Today, I ran a very fast 5.5 miles. It was mostly flat with one sizable hill in the middle. I went out a little too fast, covering the first half @7:05 pace. In the end, I had a time of 40:15 or 7:19 pace! I was very happy about that. In Missoula I had to run hard to get 7:30 for 4 miles. I'm starting to see an improvement in my everyday runs, which is nice. I finally feel like I'm getting back into the shape I was in during my first half-marathon. Tomorrow is an easy 5, then 8@pace on Friday and 12 on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment