30 March 2014

Week 12

This week was a little better than last, but still not quite right. I've been pretty tired lately. Definitely need to be sleeping more, but I think I need to be running easy more. Next week I'm going to try and get some more easy miles in.

Next week is also the start of the Spring Quarter. I teach Tue/Thur until 10pm. So, I'll be running 6 days a week instead of 5. Rest day will switch to Friday's and I won't double Wednesday's. That way, I don't have to get up super early the day after I'm out late teaching.

I got in my second shipment from PowerBar on Friday. This one was more Recovery Sports Drink (best recovery drink I've had), Energy Blends and two new items to my nutrition arsenal: Harvest Energy Bars and Triple Threat Protein Bars. I used a Harvest Bar on my Saturday LR and felt great! It was the best I've felt during/after a long run at that pace in some time. The Apple Crisp flavor is great! The Triple Threat Bar is great too! I had one after the Saturday LR and Sunday MLR.

Hoping to crack that 90 mile week next week. I think it will all depend on how much energy teaching takes out of me.

Monday: Rest Day
Tuesday: 10 miles (8:34), hills, 1585ft of elevation gain
Wednesday am: 12.71 miles (8:29), first part solo, last part with Sabrina
Wednesday pm: 5.13 miles (8:40), coaching
Thursday: Rest Day
Friday: 6 miles (7:14)
Saturday: 23 miles (7:58), first 12 with Kim, last 11 coaching
Sunday: 13.2 miles (7:16), mostly @ 7:30 pace, dropped it the last ~5 with the last mile sub-6

Total: 70.04 miles (8:00)

#PBTE

No comments:

Post a Comment