22 June 2010

The Start of Summer

Summer is going well...sort of. I'm relaxing and getting in some good running but not doing enough (read any) research. Hopefully that will all change tomorrow or Thursday. More likely to be Thursday since I'm super busy tomorrow. I'll start at 5 am with a 4 mile recovery run. Then from 9-12 I've got a job moving cars. My aunt works at a dealership with two locations. One location is closing. So my brother, myself and some other people will move 90+ cars from one dealership to the other. Then at 2 my fiance and I have an appoinment to check out a place as a possible reception location! Then dinner with her folks and some church stuff after that. So I probably won't get around to research until Thursday afternoon (moving cars from 9-3ish).

Running has been great since I got home. I'm in week 3 of Pfitz 18/55 and haven't missed a workout yet. I've had to shuffle them a bit but I've got in all the runs so far. That may change soon though, more on that in a bit. I looked back at my old log from last year to see how many miles I had ran at this point in my last training cycle (which was my first marathon). In that cycle, I started with Higdon Novice (eventually switched to Higdon Int-I). So in the first two weeks of this cycle, I ran more than the first month of Higdon Novice! Here are todays stats:

Distance: 10 miles
Time: 1:16:35
Pace: 7:40

My slowest mile was 8:15 and the fastest was 7:21. I was definitely feeling the sun/heat during the second half of the run. I really need to work on hydrating more. Back to the missing runs thing. Next Friday (99% sure this is happening since I have yet to find a real job for the summer) I will be going to St. Louis for 10 days to meet some of my future family who I have yet to meet. Two reason for missing runs/super-rearranging the schedule: 1. Heat/humidity 2. Not sure what time I'll have to run. I will definitely get the long runs in but may have to scratch a few short runs. I'll play it by ear. Two reasons I'm stoked to go: 1. Meeting new family 2. It will be the farthest east I've been (sad, I know).

I'm going to be short of my mileage goal for the year. I think I will be. If you read my blog you know May was a sad month for running (read first month under 100 since November). As of now I'm at 741 miles for the year. By the end of the month I'll be at 784, which is 216 miles short. That being said, I only ran 875 miles so the year will still be a huge improvement.

Mini-side-note: I'm one of those weird guys that like shopping...once in a while. I went to Ross with my older sister today and bought 2 pairs of shorts and a new shirt for under $50 and one of the pairs of shorts is usually $50! Yay for saving money when you're a financially challenged grad student.

No comments:

Post a Comment