29 April 2009

Tempo Day

Today I ran an 8 mile tempo. It went much better than I thought it would have. My goal was to finish somewhere between 8:00 and 8:20 pace (since I did 10 miles at 8:27 last Saturday).

As usual when I run outside, I went out a little quick. I passed the first mile marker in 7:31. After that I settled into an 8:10's pace for the next 5 miles. I managed to cross the 10k marker in 51:16. Then I picked it up the last 1.8 miles to finish in 64:44 which is 8:05.5 mile pace. Oh, did I mention the temperature was in the upper 30's?

I've been feeling really good about my running lately. Hopefully, that is something that continues. Tomorrow is an easy 4 with my first 17-miler on Saturday. On a side note, we did tripod headstands in yoga this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment