30 April 2009

The Shins Attack!

So, today was an easy 4miler with Belinda. I was doing okay for the first two miles and then my shins started to hurt. I've been fighting off shin splints, with some success, for a little more than a week now. I'm icing them when I can and trying to stay off my feet. Other than that, it was a good run. We finished just under 40 minutes.

This puts an end to the month of April. I didn't quite crack the 100mile marker this month. Came in at 98.4 miles. Though, I would have been over if I hadn't cut my 7-miler short last week (stupid shin splints!). Just looking ahead at the training plan...I should be well over the 100mile mark next month. No post tomorrow because its a rest day. Saturday should provide a long post. I'll be running the farthest I ever have, 17 miles. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment