09 February 2011

Um....that was fast

I am really feeling like I'm developing a lot as a runner and as a marathoner. Today's workout ended up being a little over 11 miles. That included my first track workout of the cycle: 10x800m. Before the splits, some of the thoughts going through my head before the workout.

I ran a 20 miler on Monday and an easy 8 yesterday. Still, my legs felt tired. On top of that, I did not sleep much the last night (seems to be a problem lately). I wanted to hit these intervals fast but wasn't sure if my legs and body were up for it. True story: they were up for it.

2:54,:58,:55,:56,:54,:56,:57,:56,:59,:55

That averages out to 2:56! It was definitely the hardest track workout I've done in a long time. When I got back to my place, I stretched a little and broke out my new foam roller. Man, that thing hurts! But now my legs feel way better. So glad I bought that.

Warning, the following is a rant on people at the public track. I'm glad that I live in an area with a public track that is not part of a school. I'm glad that people use that track to stay healthy and in shape. There are, however, unspoken rules that one should follow. First, don't walk on the inside lane. Two, if you are running slower, run in the middle lanes. Three, do NOT let your children who are under 10 run on the inside lane. I almost ran over a few kids because their mom told them to move when I was about 3 meters behind them. I didn't think they were moving so by that point I had started going around them. Then their mom tells 'em to move and they move right into the lane I'm in!

Okay. Thats over. Good news, I set a new weekly PR! Well, not like a Monday-Sunday PR but a 7-consecutive days PR. Last Thursday-Today I got in 70 miles! Yay! Better news, I get to go visit my fiance tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. At the (only) entrance to any track there needs to be a sign with the three rules you just mentioned...

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy speediness batman! great job on those intervals. and foam rolling. i need to reintroduce mine into my life.

    ReplyDelete