25 July 2010

Running Long

Distance: 18 miles
Time: 2:37:13
Pace: 8:45

This run went surprisingly well. I woke up around 6. Had a small snack of a banana, some of those ritz peanutbutter sandwiches and some gatorade. I had gathered all my gear together last night so I was out the door at 6:30.

The start of the run had great weather. Actually, the whole run did. Clear sunny skies temps around 55 at the start and 65 at the end. I brought my Nathan speedbelt with me. Over the course of the run I drank 20 oz of gatorade. In hindsight, I should have drank a bit more and probably ate something. Oh well. There's always next weekend to fix that.

I didn't plan on it but this ended up being a progressive LR. The first 4 miles or so average out around 9 minute pace. The last 5 were sub 8:30 with the last mile in 8:21.

The wedding planning is in full swing now. We're 90% sure we've picked a reception hall. Now we're looking at caterers and such. She's been looking at dresses a lot lately too. Sadly, she just left for a two week camping trip with her folks. So I don't get to see her for two weeks :(

Well, I've got to go get ready for my cousin's bday party. She's turning 9. Time for hours of little kids running around :p

1 comment:

  1. great long run. i love it when i get grind out faster and faster miles.

    good luck with the wedding planning. that must be a marathon effort in and of itself!

    ReplyDelete