27 July 2010

Recovery = Tempo

Distance: 7.37 miles
Time: 52:13
Pace: 7:06

So, according to Pfitz, today's run was suppose to be a 7 mile recovery run. Clearly, that didn't happen. My first mile was under 7:30. I decided to see if I could just hold that pace for the run. A few miles later, I looked at my watch for a split. Thats when I decided to make it a tempo run. The last 4.37 miles were 6:49, 6:52, 7:05, 7:01, 2:28 (6:43 pace). This went much better then my tempo run last week that I cut short because I ran too fast. Well...not exactly too fast. Too fast for the conditions. Upper 70's and I hadn't drank much water. Either way, I'm stoked that I was able to run with that kind of speed two days after an 18 miler (which capped off a 50 mile week).

1 comment:

  1. hahah i LOVE how recovery = tempo. this happens to me sometimes and it's such a great feeling to know that fast can just happen. woot :)

    ReplyDelete