09 August 2010

Cool Weather

Lately for my runs (read every run since the 20 miler) the weather has been much cooler. Don't get me wrong, I love running in 55-65* weather. I would just prefer it was sunny and cool not cloudy/rainy.

This last week of running was great. I got in 48 miles of awesome runs including 6@7:02 pace on Saturday and 16 w/12 @7:57 (goal MP) yesterday.

Today's stats:

Distance: 8 miles
Time: 1:08:54
Pace: 8:37

I was happy with my pace given the tough weekend I had. The rest of the week is going to be crazy. Tomorrow I will be up at 4:45ish for a quick 5 mile run. Then its off to Seattle for a 3-day job. I'll be working as the Director's Assistant at the NW Deposition Skills Conference put on by the National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA). Its a great organization and a great program. This will be my third year at this program. Its an awesome job but it is not awesome for running. Ususally Monday (today) is a rest day. Since I will be out the door for work by 6am on Wed and Thur and not be done until after 7 pm both days, I'll be moving my rest days to those days.

Thursday night is dinner with my lovely fiance and her parents before she leaves for school :( I'm glad she is at her school because it is a great fit for her. Its just really hard being engaged and at different schools. Thankfully we only have to survive being apart until June. Well, we'll see each other a few times during the school year but we'll both have our Master's degrees by June. Then we can finally be together!

No comments:

Post a Comment