14 June 2009

The countdown begins...

I am one week closer to race day. This past week was week one of my taper. It went fairly well. It started a little off from my plan but was a good week.

Tuesday was suppose to be an easy 5 miler. Well, I was a little stressed about some things and just pushed it the whole way. I averaged 7:07 for the first 3 and 7:19 for the whole run, finishing in 36 and change.

The next few days I took it easy. Saturday's long run was only 12 miles. I ran the first 3 with Belinda :) and ran the last 9 @ 8:11 pace. The weeks total of 32 miles takes me over the 500 miles mark for the year!

The next two weeks of the taper will probably be tough. I've been averaging between 35 and 43 miles for the last month. The next two weeks only total 33 miles. I think I might go crazy running that little.

No comments:

Post a Comment